"An average of $100,000 per year in scholarships are awarded..."
Jane E.Hunter Scholarship 2017-2018 Academic Year
The members of the Jane E. Hunter Scholarship distribution committee would like to take a moment to inform you of a post-secondary scholarship available to females. An exceptional woman established this scholarship to help young women from Ohio and South Carolina to continue their education. This below excerpt from the preface of her autobiography will give you a better understanding of who Jane Hunter was and why this scholarship was established.
“Jane Edna Hunter is a realist who saw the tragedy of a young colored girl’s coming to a city alone, struggling to meet the economic problem of livelihood, beset by all the dangers of an urban community where poverty and vice are found side by side; where rooming houses are frequently disguised houses of questionable character. She knew ‘the discriminations, the injustices and the lack of educational opportunities which make it difficult for a young colored girl to gain employment and a decent place to live.’ Her story is fearlessly told of a woman who pledged her life to remove some of the hazards and to guide and protect girls in their search for decency and livelihood. The Phillis Wheatley Association was formed through her efforts and her spirit of consecration.”
Please provide this information to any deserving female looking who wishes to continue her education by attending college. The Jane Hunter Scholarship application must include the following requirements:
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAY 7, OF THE APPLICATION YEAR, IN ORDER FOR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED:
1) Completed application.
2) Transcript from the school most recently attended for last completed period (these DO NOT need to be official) or a copy of the GED certificate).
3) Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on 4.0 scale, or a score of 2,800 on the GED Test, copy necessary to validate.
4) Two letters of recommendation from persons not related to you.
5) Letter of acceptance or class registration for application academic year required before award will be sent.
6) 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (SAR) from www.fafsa.gov
7) 2017-2018 Financial Aid Award Letter.
Preference will be made to renewal applications.
Applicant must not be an employee of KeyBank National Association or any of its affiliates. Immediate relatives of any such employees are also ineligible.